January Brings Organization


The Holiday Season is in the rearview mirror and its full speed ahead into 2012!   Every year about this time I get unsettled and need to organize.   Well, to be honest, I get the desire to organize and spend many hours daydreaming about how wonderful the end result will be.  Unfortunately, I usually start strong and finish weak, leaving some really major areas in my home still needing help.
I really want this year to be different; therefore, I have been on a mission to find some advice/ideas that will work within my personality.   My past failures come from being overwhelmed and not knowing where to start.   The question of whether I should tackle the cabinet with the Tupperware  and lids, the spice cabinet or  forge straight  to the closets  discourage me before I even start.   I admit to being a little ADD and have a habit of making a great plan complete with a list of containers to buy.   This always excites me, for some reason I just love buying storage containers!   The problem is by the time I return from the store, my ambition for the day is gone and my excitement has dwindled.   You guessed it; I have an abundance of containers in several different colors!   With some research, I have found a couple helpful websites to keep me on track.
1)       52 Week website (http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/organized-home.html)   this site appears to be very helpful.   It breaks the whole house organization down into 52 weeks.    This concept is a little hard to swallow in this “I want it now society” but great for those who like to mark items off a list!  J  These are baby steps to accomplishing a big goal.   One can even sign-up for a weekly email that tells you exactly what to do that week.    The system appears to be very doable and not overwhelming.
2)       http://perideaudesigns.com/blog/2010/07/12/free-printable-my-blog-topics/    This is a very helpful website with many free printable forms, to get and keep you organized.
After careful thought I signed up for the 52 week program.   I am already a week behind but it still seems very doable.   I am committed, or so I think!  J   I will keep you posted on my progress!
Happy Organizing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog