Marshmallow Painting
With a SMORE Snack

My class absolutely loves to paint .   I wish I could remember who suggested painting with marshmallows and I would give them credit, but I can’t.    As I began to plan this project I came up with a snack to go with it, needless to say it was a big hit with the kids and the painting was a lot of fun.

Items you need :
Large bag of large marshmallows
Paint  and small flat bowls
Construction paper (any color… I chose blue )

SMORE Snack
1 bag of mini-marshmallows
1 bag  chocolate chips (you won’t need the whole bag)
Individual Scooby Snacks  1 per student


Step One:   Protect your work area.   I use newspapers.
Step Two:  Pour paint in small flat bowls
Step Three:  Give each child a piece of construction paper and a marshmallow.   Have the children dip their marshmallow in the paint and use like a stamp on their paper.  


After the painting is finished and set aside to dry, serve and enjoy the SMORE snack.

I did this project in January and the children all had snow on their mind.   Now that it is Spring/Summer I think I will do this again with green paper and different colors of paint.   I think one could make a colorful flower garden using this technique.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Brings Organization